UICA Docent Program
Docents are trained volunteers enthusiastic about helping visitors engage with UICA and the artwork in our galleries. This collaboration between our Docents, Education, and Curatorial staff will expand visitor’s experience of contemporary art and UICA, providing a dynamic and welcoming experience for visitors and tours.
Rewards of Being a Docent:
- Ability to engage with Contemporary Art in a more in depth way: learn different methods of talking about Contemporary Art
- Share ideas and experiences with visitors
- Invaluable in helping guests plug in to current exhibits and UICA programming
- Community outreach and on going learning opportunities
- No teaching experience required
- Study of the context in which each artist is currently creating
- Analysis of materials used by artist, artist’s intention, and ideas
- Readings, presentations, in-gallery talks by UICA Education and Curatorial staff
Become a Docent today! For more information, contact Katherine Williams at email@example.com or (616) 454 7000 x27.