Open Projector Night
February 7, 2018 8:00 pm
UICA Members: $4, Public: $8
OPN: Wednesday, February 7th, 2018
Celebrate short films with the Open Projector Night series, a recurring cinematic event presenting the work of local, regional, and national filmmakers with a Michigan connection. Enjoy a diverse range of movies from animated narratives and commercial work to experimental pieces. After the event, participate in a question and answer panel with the filmmakers and vote for your favorite short film. Winners will receive a number of awards, including special screenings of their work before UICA's feature films.
Featured films and filmakers:
- Heaters - Black Bolt Music Video - Jaimie Skriba, Joshua Skinner
- Pear Dance - Mallory Caillaud-Jones
- Roy G. Biv - Spencer Everhart
- The Violence of a Civilization without Secrets - Adam Khalil, Zack Khalil and Jackson Polys
- Death of the Midnight Voyage - Travis Boone
- Some Angels Fight - Carolyn Baas
- Small Town - Zachary Clark
- 1952 - Paul Danhauser
- The King of Oakes and Commerce - Jackson Ezinga
- Mino Bimaadizwin- Shane McSauby
- Burst into Northern Michigan II - Chris Zuker
- Abeyance - Charles Beale
- The Idea Keeps Changing - Eliza Fernand
Submit Your Shorts.
Interested in submitting your own short film for consideration? Anyone is welcome to submit, with no restrictions on content, genre, or rating, and no fee to apply. Films are selected and curated into a seventy-minute program by a panel of UICA staff and volunteers.
Submissions currently closed.
Open Projector Night is supported in part by the Michigan Film and Digital Media Office and The Ferris Foundation.
Individuals with disabilities who require accommodations should contact Megan Bylsma, Associate Director, at 616.454.7000 x11 or firstname.lastname@example.org at least 72 hours in advance.